- Model good reading behavior to kids
- Promote literacy and lifelong learning
- Encourages advocacy for libraries (adults are the ones who vote for funding and joins Friends)
- An opportunity to try something different, meet new people, and learn about our community by attending theme programming
- Shows library services are for a broad range of patrons (beyond parents and kids)
Ocee’s adult summer reading program doesn’t require online registration and is open to college-age adults to seniors citizens. If you need incentive, there'll be a raffle! Adults fill out the Adult Summer Reading Bookmark and include 5 titles they have read/listened to.
This year's theme is health. Ocee's new adult librarian, Stephanie Galipeau, can help with your selections. She's also lined up some great health themed programs, too!