The Dos and Don’ts of eBooks-as succinctly reported by Debbie Mack, the Library System’s Electronics Librarian:
· Do not search for an eBook or eAudio book in the library (materials) catalog, go directly to the Overdrive link
· The same is true for Hoopla: go directly to the app- Hoopla items are not in the catalog.
· Overdrive checkouts are being increased to 10 items this week, instead of 5. You may return early and check out extra titles.
· There are 10 checkouts per month in Hoopla for ALL materials, it does not matter if you return early. That means ten of any format in total.
· Coming soon..Freegal, the largest library downloadable portal for music. Be on the lookout for it.
· Do become familiar with GALILEO magazines, we will be reducing some of the digital magazines to conserve cost.
· Do be on the lookout for a simpler eResources page, which will feature a strictly alphabetical and subject approach.